Tuesday, May 8, 2012

LEAGUE TIME








Fuck macs. I created this piece by simply filming myself playing League of Legends in various angles in the dark and then editing them together in a pseudo-stylistic way. My room is decently large, but pretty much all of my time is spent at the computer desk and on my computer, so that's the only place I show. There is no sound, you can't hear ANYTHING with my headphones on except for the game noise. So I decided to not have sound to give the impression of what I DON'T hear in my room. I usually don't do these type of movies, abstract type movies, so this is fairly abstract for me.

The meaning I'm trying to convey is a question of activity vs. inactivity. As you can see on my keyboard, mouse, screens that there is action going on, but my face remains stern and relaxed. So while I'm doing a lot of things in game, I'm not really doing much physically. Also, is a small sense of loneliness. My girlfriend is actually asleep in the room with me, along with my dog. But they are completely ignored while I play the game.

1 comment:

  1. An excellent continuation of this theme...I enjoy the disjointed body, the play between light and dark, and the emphasis on the face masked by reflection.

    ReplyDelete